Thursday, September 1, 2011

room inspiration

I am in the midst of giving my bedroom a whole new look. It's tough, but fun. Ya see, I've lived in four places in just over five years and needless to say, I've never really taken the time to settle in. Combine that with various hand-me-downs, picked-out-by-moms and random junk from my teens, my room is a straight up mess. So now that I'm all finished with Uni and feeling like a real-life big girl, I've decided it's time for a change! Huzzah! Aside from a couple of arty-crafty project things, I haven't really gotten down to it. What I have done, is browse.. peruse.. explore.. spend a disturbing amount of time on zee interwebs.

Here's what I like:










123. 4. 5. 6. 7.

Now, not every bit of every picture is working for me. And not every picture is even a bedroom. But overarching themes seem to be: 1. pops of colour, 2. lots of pillows and blankets and comfortable things, 3. a bunch of interesting and different things that all go. 

Here's what I need:
a gigantic garbage.. uhh, donation bag
primer
turquoise paint
some old frames
fabric for curtains and pillows
unwanted books (sorry, books)
striped throw blanket of sorts
some sewing skills

No comments:

Post a Comment